Types of Premises Liability Cases
Many different types of personal injury cases can be classified as premises liability cases, including:
- slip and fall cases
- snow and ice accidents
- inadequate maintenance of the premises
- defective conditions on the premises
- inadequate building security leading to injury or assault
- elevator and escalator accidents
- dog bites
- swimming pool accidents
- amusement park accidents
- water leaks or flooding, and
- toxic fumes or chemicals.
As you can see, premises liability cases include a wide range of fact scenarios. Even dog bite cases fall under the umbrella of premises liability because they involve an unsafe condition on someone’s property (the presence of a potentially dangerous dog).