Our Firm Results
Icaza and Burgess is a law firm that specializes in personal injury settlements and verdicts through litigation. The goal of our firm is to protect the rights of injured parties and recover damages for clients who are victims of accidents, medical malpractice, or defective products.
We represent seriously injured people and the families of those who have been injured or died as a result of accidents, medical malpractice, product liability and workplace injuries. Some examples of our successes are as follows:
- $3.4 Million Structured Settlement for a child who suffered brain damage during delivery
- $2.9 Million Structured Settlement for a child who suffered brain injury during a tonsillectomy.
- $2.7 Million Structured Settlement for a child who suffered shoulder injury and nerve damage during delivery.
- $2.5 Million Settlement for a baby who suffered brain damage during birth
- $2.275 Million for a child who suffered shoulder Dystocia during delivery.
- $1.5 Million for a baby that suffered traumatic birth injuries
- $900,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered loss of vision in one eye as a result of failed lasik surgey
- $900,000 Jury Verdict for a child who suffered a valium overdose.
- $750,000 Settlement for a Diabetic who lost their left lower leg due to an alleged medical malpractice.
- $300,000 Settlement for a Newark woman whose primary care physician failed to diagnose a heart condition.
- $250,000 Settlement for a Jersey City man who sustained nerve damage due to a doctor’s failure to diagnose compartment syndrome.
Premise Liability Cases
- $2.25 Million Jury Verdict for a woman injured by a defective elevator.
- $1.7 Million Structured Settlement for an Elizabeth boy who suffered lead poisoning in his apartment.
- $1.35 Million Settlement for a woman who fell and sustained a disc herniation requiring back surgery
- $1 Million Settlement for a boy injured in a fire.
- $675,000 for a mechanic who suffered eye injury at work.
- $300,000 Settlement for a Newark child bitten by a dog.
- $300,000 Settlement for a Newark child who fell out of a window and suffered head trauma.
- $285,000 Settlement for a Newark man who fell off a defective scaffold.
- $725,000 Jury Verdict for a man who suffered a deep vein thrombosis in an automobile accident.
- $620,000 for an estate of a woman who died after a car accident due to failure to diagnose internal bleeding.
- $375,000 Jury Verdict for a Newark man injured in an auto accident.
Reported Cases As Of July 22, 2014
- Cineas v. Mammone, 270 N.J. Super. 200 (App. Div. 1994)
- N.J. Manufacturers Ins. Co. v. Hardy, 178 N.J. 327 (2002)
- Reynolds v. Gonzalez, 172 N.J. 266 (2002)
- Familia v. University Hosp. of N.J. 350 N.J. Super. 563 (App. Div. 2002)
Fall and Slip Cases Settled for 2015
- $550,000 For a woman who sustained lower back injuries requiring a repeat discectomy
- $250,000 For a man who sustained lumbar and cervical disk herniation’s
- $295,000 For a woman who fell and sustained a shoulder injury requiring surgery
- $100,000 Policy limit settlement for a woman who sustained multiple disk herniation’s in the lumbar area
- $170,000 For a woman who sustained fall down injuries including a torn meniscus requiring surgery
- $650,000 For a woman who sustained a lumbar injury requiring a discectomy
Car Accident Cases Settled for 2015
- $190,000 For a man who sustained L-5 and S-1 disk herniation’s from an auto accident that required surgery
- $756,000 For a woman involved in an auto accident that required a cervical fusion
- See this page for updates…
- We can not guarantee the above results in any particular case. However, we will pursue your matter as vigorously and diligently as possible